Tuesday 30 January 2007

Of Divas and Groundhogs


What a day! Drama somehow seems to find me wherever I shall roam, and today was no exception. Well, today's was not the life altering, ground shaking drama, it was more your garden variety oohs and ahs, a-few-things-of-note kinda day.

As always, it was more than a challenge to haul my carcass out of bed this morning. This whole winter thing continues to get me down. At least Groundhog Day is just around the corner - and if the worst thing than can happen is six more weeks of winter, the countdown is on, my diva friends!!

Thank god it's not called Divajen Day. As much as I'd love (I dare not say deserve, mind you) a day dedicated solely to honouring moi, if the whole 'groundhog's day' rules applied, we'd all be screwed. See, they pluck those damned things out of their safe, warm, furry burrows, drop them unceremoniously on the snowy ground and watch for a shadow. If it was Divajen Day, the first guy who crawled anywhere near my safe, warm, furry burrow looking to get me to go to the frozen outdoors would sorely regret his decision but a few moments later. I don't do mornings, I'm not good with snow, and yes, being diva-esque in not only attitude but stature as well, the shadow I'd cast would cause all the locals to head to the closest Loblaws for supplies. Spring would be a looooong time a comin.

Fortunately we live in a world where Groundhog Day is now and will continue to be associated with the woodland beasties - and perhaps Bill Murray. And all is right with the world. But I digress.

After I managed to get out of the house, boots and all, I actually had a relatively decent day at work. We had some productive meetings, I got a lot of things crossed off my to do list, spoke with our lawyer to finalize the details on the closing of our house (woo hoo!), and it was a day of great success for our team in the office. All and all, not a bad day in work world.

I managed to finish up right at 5 and was home a mere half an hour later. Yes, I am looking forward to our new house, but I can tell you this - doubling my commute does not fill my heart with joyous anticipation. As much as I'll be excited to never have to walk up my street again once we're gone, when 5:30 or so rolls around and I'm only half way, maybe less into my jaunt to the 'burbs, I'll be sad to have said goodbye to our ghetto apartment.

Then again, I'll be riding the GO in style, and not subject to the great unwashed masses on the TTC. I'm all for public transit, have Metropass will travel, but I'm growing increasingly weary of the so-called Better Way. I will stop here because if I get on a TTC rant, I'll never quit, and Hubs is giving me the "I'm sleepy" eyes which can only mean one thing - he's tired. And wants to go to bed. To sleep. Such a nighthawk, my husband.

Wow, I'm all over the place tonight - That Scatterbrain Booky is me (snaps to those who caught the reference). I blame fatigue, and the increasing sense of dread that's taking over my body. I have to be at work for 7:30 tomorrow morning...I know, it's terrible. I'm in need of your positive vibes and good thoughts, girls. I can get through this if I know you're with me in my time of need. I know I can count on you.

So it's off to Bedforshire early for me, tonight. But before I go, I wanted to thank you all yet again for reading and for your fantastic comments. It's very heartening to know that I'm not the only one who goes straight for the pj's upon arrival from work, or takes wicked wipeouts (snow or no snow), or that likes to get pressies from a fantastic husband.

Speaking of which, I was asked in one of the earlier comments if I would post a picture of the adorable bracelet Hubs brought home for me yesterday (don't you love how I make it sound like a kitten or other furry, loveable pet?). Never one to disappoint, please see photographic evidence below. Please excuse the sad attempt at photography - we did the best we could with what we had. And isn't that what it's all about?



If you look realllly closely, you can see the little ladybugs and the pink bling. What a lovely, thoughtful man. Who just happens to have excellent insight into my most discerning of tastes. Yessir, that's my baby! Night, all!

And that's your daily dash. How's your diva doin'?

6 comments on "Of Divas and Groundhogs"

Anonymous said...

Great bracelet, love the pink! I hear you about mornings... I have a crazy work schedule, tomorrow is my day off and I get to sleep in!
-Katie (Katiesengaged from WB)

Anonymous said...

Love your blog, and hope your move to the new place goes smoothly. :-)

Anonymous said...

I love the bracelet, it's so cute! Keep up the fantastic blogging, reading it is the highlight of my day! (Is that sad? Or incredibly great? I can't tell)

-AJsLove (WB)

Marlene on 31 January 2007 at 15:31 said...

You are a very brave diva for facing the TTC every day *shudder*

Thanks for keeping me entertained every day!

Keep it up and best of luck with the upcoming move.

Anonymous said...

Why can't I come home and find cute presents like that on MY pillow??!!?? Me thinks I will have to have a talk with my husband! The bracelet is beautiful - ur hubby has great taste! (Also bc he picked YOU!)

Anonymous said...

Love the bracelet as well, what a sweet hubby!

Corrie

Followers

 

Welcome

This many divas have come to read my rants since January 30, 2007:


'Cause everyone has a dash of diva in them Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez